Satisfy your sweet tooth while noshing on a hearty, healthy snack! This camping recipe for Trail Mix Cookies is a must-make recipe. Take it with you in your new or used RV and make up a batch for an afternoon of hiking or a comforting dessert in the evening.
Trail Mix Cookies
- ½ cup applesauce
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
You’ll also need:
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 3 mixing bowls (2 medium, 1 small)
- Handheld mixer
- Cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- Wire cooling racks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the medium bowl, beat together the applesauce, both sugars, and vanilla. Set aside.
- With the handheld mixer, beat the egg whites in the small bowl until frothy. Gently stir the egg whites into the applesauce mixture.
- In the third bowl, combine the dry flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Gentle stir into the egg mixture.
- Stir in the oats, white chocolate chips, pecans, and cranberries. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto the parchment paper on the cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Want to change it up a bit? Substitute (or add in!) other dried fruits – like coarsely chopped apricots – or trade the white chocolate chips for semisweet. If you like walnuts better than pecans, switch them out! This recipe is easily modified to your particular taste.
- Make ahead: If you don’t want to dirty up extra bowls, combine sets of ingredients ahead of time in food storage bags – like the flour mixture, or the fruit/chocolate/nuts – and combine them when you’re ready to bake.
We’d love to help you pick out the perfect new or used RV that’s right for all of your travels, so that you’re freed up to enjoy your vacation to the full – like trying new recipes like this one. Stop in or contact us today!