If you have lots of summer gatherings, reunions, or picnics to attend, you’ll want the perfect camping recipe to bring along with you! Our recipe for Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings are a total crowd pleaser, and easy to make! And because they don’t require frying, they’re easy to bake right up in the oven of your new or used RV. Seriously, they couldn’t be easier – let’s get started!
Crispy Buffalo Wings
- 3-4 lbs chicken wings
- 1 TBS aluminum-free baking powder. NOT baking soda!*
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
*A word on the aluminum-free baking power. First, make sure you have baking powder, not baking soda. Aluminum-free baking powder is the key to a crispy finish on these wings that are baked, not fried. Trust us!
For the buffalo sauce:
- ½ stick butter, melted
- ½ cup hot sauce (like Frank’s original – or your personal favorite)
- 1-2 Tbs brown sugar
- Bleu cheese or Ranch dressing
- Celery sticks
- First, turn your oven on to 450 degrees. Grab a baking sheet and line it with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with paper towels and put them in a large bowl.
- Separately, combine the aluminum-free baking power, garlic power, salt, and pepper to taste. Sprinkle this seasoning mix over the chicken wings and toss them to coat.
- Place chicken wings on baking sheet – far enough apart that none of them touch.
- Bake 25-30 minutes until crisp and golden. Flip each wing using tongs and bake another 25-30 minutes until golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- While your wings are baking, whisk together the buffalo sauce ingredients. Adjust the brown sugar to taste – totally up to you!
- When the wings are done (internal temperature should read 165 degrees), pour the buffalo sauce over them and toss to coat well.
- Serve with Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing and celery sticks.
This is such a simple camping recipe that’s perfect for big gatherings. It’s easy to make, easy to clean up, and you probably won’t have any leftovers to speak of!