Are you looking for an easy and delicious camping recipe that’s perfect for the fall? We’ve got you covered. This is one of my family’s very favorite fall camping recipes (and, let’s face it: it’s one of our favorite cold-weather recipes whether we’re camping or not!). It’s easy to make in your new or used RV and it’s such a crowd-pleaser! Try this recipe for Hearty Beef & Noodle Stew below.
Hearty Beef & Noodle Stew
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 26-oz Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 32-oz beef broth, divided
- 1 packet Beefy Onion soup mix
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 package egg noodles
Kitchen tools you’ll also need:
- Slow cooker
- Can opener
- Large bowl
- Slow cooker liner for easy cleanup
Let’s get going!
- Line the slow cooker with the liner and add the chuck roast.
- Whisk together in a large bowl: cream of mushroom soup, 16 oz (2 cups) of the beef broth, dry soup mix, and the minced garlic. Pour this mixture over the chuck roast in the slow cooker.
- Place the lid on the cooker and let it cook undisturbed for 4 hours on high heat.
- After 4 hours, remove the lid and gently shred the meat with a fork. It’s going to smell so good at this point, but resist every urge that tells you to eat it all right now!
- Add the full package of egg noodles and remaining 16 oz of broth.
- Reduce heat to low, cooking for one hour or until the noodles are tender.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you have any leftovers – and you probably won’t – all you have to do is transfer them into a food storage container and refrigerate. Then toss the slow cooker liner and that’s it! It’s as easy to clean up as washing one bowl and a whisk.
Another reason my family loves this stew is because we have, like many families, a few picky eaters. This is both hearty and flavorful as well as a comfort food even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy. Plus, it comes together in a snap, so it’s easy to throw together in your new or used RV just after lunch and then head out for an afternoon of fun.
Contact us today with any questions about finding the perfect RV with all of your favorite amenities – in the kitchen or otherwise!