Are you ready for a mouthwatering summer camping recipe that’s hearty, sweet and savory, and is easy to throw together? Check out our recipe for Sizzlin’ Pork Kebabs below!
Sizzlin’ Pork Kebabs
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 vidalia onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 16 oz baby Portabella mushrooms
- 16 oz barbeque sauce
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
You’ll also need:
- Skewers of your choice: metal or wooden
- Medium mixing bowl
- Pastry brush
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
Let’s get sizzlin’!
- If using wooden skewers, soak in a tall pitcher of water for 20 minutes before using.
- Fire up the grill to medium-high heat.
- In the bowl, whisk together the barbeque sauce, pineapple juice, seasoning salt, and salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Cut onion, peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms into chunks. Set aside.
- Thread the meat and veggies onto the skewers, alternating as you go.
- Lightly brush each skewer with the barbeque sauce mixture and place on the hot grill.
- Turn occasionally, grilling until the meat is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before serving (this helps lock in the meat juices).
- Serve with a fresh salad or corn on the cob!
This is a fantastic late summer camping recipe because it uses the flavors of the summer – peppers and zucchini – alongside pork, which is such a great fall flavor and is used in many fall recipes. It’s also a great recipe to make on the outdoor griddle of your new and used RV if it has an outdoor kitchen. Need to consider making an upgrade to your RV and the amenities which suit your needs? We can help. Stop in or contact us today!