As you start to plan your spring camping trips, you may already be thinking of going fishing. One favorite camp recipe we love is for lemon grilled Northern Pike. It’s easy, mouth-watering delicious, and the best way to enjoy your catch of the day after a day out on the water. This recipe is easily adjusted for almost any fish you might catch, but Pike season in Colorado is right around the corner. What are you waiting for? Try this fantastic camp recipe over your campfire or on your new or used RV’s outdoor kitchen.
Lemon Grilled Northern Pike
- Several Pike fillets, preferably fresh, cleaned and prepared for grilling
- 3 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, thinly sliced (if you prefer to not use limes, simply substitute additional lemons)
- 1 stick of butter, divided into small pats
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup garlic paste
- After cleaning the fish, slice each fillet down the middle.
- Combine salt, pepper, and garlic paste in a small bowl and adjust measurements to taste.
- Spread and rub a thin layer of the seasoning paste down the middle of each pike fillet. Add a pat of butter to each fillet as well.
- Alternate slices of lemons, limes, and remaining butter pats on outside of each fillet. Load into grill baskets to clamp down the citrus slices.
- Grill over the fire, or your RV’s outside kitchen cooktop, turning occasionally until the fish flakes and the skin is crispy, about 20 minutes.
One fantastic perk of this recipe is the minimal space it takes up in your RV’s kitchen pantry! You’ll only have a few pieces of citrus, some seasonings and butter, and even the prep work is minimal, so say goodbye to a mountain of dirty dishes.
When preparing fish, I also prefer to cook outdoors, so that there are no lingering fishy smells indoors, so if you are in the market for a new or used RV, consider one with an outdoor kitchen to make recipes like this even more convenient. Contact us today!