Christmas is almost is here and you know what that means: unlimited desserts and empty calories that don’t count for the day. Sugar lovers rejoice! These simple Christmas desserts are sure to delight the entire family and are super easy to make.
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ⅓ cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons yeast
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup chopped pecan
- Combine the water, olive oil, honey, salt, flour, water and yeast in a large bowl. Mix well and knead for 10 -15 minutes, until the dough is elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a well-oiled bowl. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour in a warm place, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Cut the dough into 8 portions and shape into balls. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, honey and salt in a small bowl and mix well. Spread the brown sugar mixture onto the bottom and sides of a cast iron pan. Line pecans on top of the mixture, and place the dough balls on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes. Remove the sticky buns from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting onto a plate.
Chocolate Crunch Bark
- 40 soda crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ⅛ cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup pecan, toasted, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Place crackers on a greased, parchment paper-lined baking sheet so that the entire surface is covered.
- In a saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Once melted, add brown sugar and turn heat to medium. Continue stirring until boiling, then boil for 3 minutes. Pour the caramel over the crackers, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Pour the chocolate chips over the crackers and cover with tin foil for 3 minutes.
- Remove the foil and spread the softened chocolate over the top evenly. Sprinkle with pecans, cover with foil, and freeze for 1 hour.
- Break the bark up into pieces.
If you’re interested in learning more about our selection of RVs for sale, contact us. We can answer your questions, walk you through units, and help you find the best RV for your needs. We can also assist with RV financing, so finding your dream RV is easier than ever.
Recipes from: Tasty.co